Eclipse SVN errors, “An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.team.svn.core”

On some of my Eclipse workspaces the Galileo update failed in the SVN department (Subversive). Activating anything remotely related to Team/SVN features triggered an error. The workspace log contained:

I tried to start Eclipse with the -clean option – didn’t help. Then I updated the Subversive SVN plugin and all connectors – didn’t help.

What eventually did help was to remove all org.eclipse.team.* folders in the workspace’s .metadata\.plugins folder.

3 thoughts on “Eclipse SVN errors, “An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.team.svn.core”

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! My XP VM shut down and caused this exact same problem on restart. This is the only place I’ve found this information, and it’s saved me a day re-downloading 2Gb of project over a VPN.

  2. Thank you!! My CPLEX Software was giving me the error message for three days now and I have not been able to solve it. I searched many places and found the answer here. Thank you again!!

Leave a Reply