With a newly set up Maven project I tried deploying the site using
mvn site:deploy. The command kept failing with the following error
Embedded error: Error performing commands for file transfer
Exit code: 0 - bash: unzip: command not found
for the longest time. I tried all kinds of funny things although I was 100% certain that I do have unzip in path. I was a bit embarresed when I finally realized that this error message was the result of the command executed over SSH on the remote host (Debian Linux) – the one the site was deployed to.
After that it was a piece of cake. Just had to install unzip on Linux using APT:
apt-get install unzip
2 thoughts on “Solving Maven install: “unzip: command not found””
Thanks!! This was a simple mistake for me too…
Nice! Finally after trying the many overly complicated examples, I find your post. It worked!